These “plates” are used by the Connecticut Sphinx Shriners on their Motor Patrol parade vehicles. The earliest of these plates are from the late 1950s (the Motor Patrol was organized in 1955). The first design, shown below, is made on the same blanks and using the same dies as was used for bicycle plates of that time. There is a later version of these plates which is currently displayed on many of the vehicles. These are rectangular, still white on blue, with a 12 E/A numbering format. This version of these plates are typically seen with regular passenger validation decals dating from the early 1990s.